On most peoples anniversaries they talk about how much has changed, all of the moves, the jobs, and their new additions to their family. Every year we have stayed pretty much the same, we have lived in the same house, we both have the same jobs, and we have no kids to add to our family. This always kind of depresses me, I love growth and moving forward, but we have been a bit stuck with Cole’s health. Despite not changing or growing we have made a lot of good memories. Here are 7 of our favorite memories that we have made over the last 7 years.1. We love going on road trips together, one of our favorites is going to the Oregon Coast. We have gone several times and we love walking the beach, crabbing and camping. Cole’s sister lived in Baker City for awhile, it was the perfect stopping point on our way to the coast and we got to hang out with his cute nieces. In 2015 we drove through California, I had shoots in LA and San Francisco, we drove up the coast and enjoyed the beautiful views. Telluride has also been one of our favorite road trips, we went there for our 5 year anniversary, the mountains there are so breathtaking.
2.We have also been on several big trips together, unfortunately Cole has not come on all of my big trips because he has been in school forever, but he has still been on a few! We have been to Costa Rica twice, and we loved exploring that beautiful country, from the beaches, to the rain forest to the cute little towns, we will always recommend Costa Rica to anyone. In 2015 we traveled to New York City and Cole was able to go to the big city for the first time, he loved photographing in the streets of New York. In 2017 we went to Europe and it was fun being with Cole on his first Europe trip, he got a taste of why I am so addicted to traveling there.
3. Some of our favorite memories are made with our cute nieces and nephews. We just love hanging out with them and going on some fun family trips with them.
4. We love cooking together, awhile back we bought a artisan pizza oven and we love having people over for pizza. One of our favorite things is to take it into the woods and make delicious pizza.
5. We love going to the mountains and hammocking, we always have a hammock in the car and it is one of our favorite ways to relax together.
6. Every year we go and cut down a fresh Christmas tree, it is one of my favorite holiday traditions. We always think we have a bigger house than we do, because it is always way too tall!
7. I love that Cole enjoys coming on photoshoots with me, we have done some amazing things because of my job. Whether he is just my chauffeur or if he comes to second shoot, we love having out on the job. For the last 5 years I have been shooting a lot in Southern Utah and he has been able to come on a lot of my trips and we have found some great things in the area and enjoyed amazing helicopter rides over Lake Powell. Last summer I started shooting a lot In Jackson Hole, we took advantage of it and we camped, fished and hiked so much and it was my favorite part of the summer.
I loved looking back through our photos from the last 7 years, although it made me realize we need to go on a diet! Haha, we use to be so little! I am excited for the next adventures that we get to have together and hopefully sometime soon we get to talk about the changes and moving forward with our family.