Today I celebrated my 31st birthday, and it was such a good day! Cole is so good to me and made it perfect! Last year if you remember I posted my 30 Things to do Before I Turn 30, and I had a few I wanted to finish before I posted my new 5 year goals. So I have been working on them for the last year to finish things up, and I now have most of them finished and it makes me so happy. I am a bit obsessed with goals! So now you can read the updates on what I finished.
I loved creating my new list, and I have already made some progress on them, and I am so excited for them. If you can help me complete some of my business goals… you may get a discount! 😉
35 Things to do Before I Turn 35
1. Find a cure for Cole and then start a family
2. Go to Cuba
Completed: May 8th-12th, 2017, My mom and I went and it was the best time!
3. Shoot an international wedding
4. Shoot an elopement in the mountains
5. Hot air balloon ride
6. Learn Calligraphy
7. Make a bouquet from flowers that I grow
8. Have a studio space
9. Teach a sewing class
Completed: January 19, 2017, I taught a sewing class on how to make little stuffed animals from two patterns that I created. It was so much fun! I had them make one for themselves and one to give away.
10. Finish a quilt pattern
11. Go to Glacier National Park
12. Europe with Cole
Completed: March 2017, It was so fun going to Europe with Cole for the first time, we went to Nice, France, and Genoa, Italy. Head over here to see my blog post about our time in Nice, France.
13. Grow brussel sprouts successfully
14. Take a creative writing class
15. Learn how to properly use utensils
16. Photo shoot on the Oregon Coast
17. Walk to the temple to do a session
Completed: April 3, 2018. We had such a fun day walking to the temple! It was a total of 13 miles there and back and we loved our urban hike!
18. Photograph 10 recipes from Italian cookbook and send them to the author
19. Finish sewing one of my dresses
20. Make a dress for a shoot
21. Learn to carve a spoon
22. Photograph a full Indian Wedding
23. Find names to take to the temple, one from each set of grandparents
Completed: March 7th, 2018. Our stake had a stake temple day where they challenged us to go to the temple all day. I found a name from each side and 2 of the names I did all of the work in one day and the other two were just sealings. It was such a cool thing to spend a full day in the temple and to get two names all of the way completed.
24. Leave 35 complimentary notes to strangers, especially about their yards
25. See the tulip fields
Completed: April 10th-12th 2016, I went to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festivals near Seattle, it was amazing!
April 25th 2016 I also got to visit the amazing Keukenhoff Gardens, Holland
26. Host a fancy dinner party in the woods
Completed: August 7th, 2016, I love dinner parties and this one was planned for up in the mountains, but there was threat for rain and Cole was really sick that day, so I would be doing it by myself, so we did it in a local park, still fun, but I still need to do one in the mountains!
And this image was featured on Anthropoligie’s Instagram! It was a happy day!
27. Read a classic book series
28. Hike Naomi Peak
29. Go backpacking with Cole
30. Decorate bedroom
31. Send items to children’s home in Nepal, sponsor Jessica (a girl I fell in love with at the home)
32. Read the Book of Mormon in a week
33. Make a good fine art print website and market work
Completed: April 2017, it has been so fun having a shop with my prints, and especially my double exposure temple photos, I have been working so hard on them and I love seeing them in your homes! www.jessicaparkerprintshop.com
34. Learn Spanish
35. Take Piano lessons (this goal has been carried on since I was in high school… one day it will happen)
I know they are a bit random, but they are all things that sound fun to me!