I know that most of you do not have photo sessions every day and for many of you, this will be your first photo shoot together as a couple. I know a lot of people stress before this first session, but by the end I have most of the guys telling me that wasn’t so bad and that it was kind of fun! My goal is to help you be yourselves, and to get beautiful images of your relationship! Here are 5 tips to make it as enjoyable as possible:
(To see more of this beautiful engagement shoot, head to this post! These two were some of my favorites to work with!)
1. Eat up! Make sure the groom doesn’t come on an empty stomach. He’ll be much happier and more cooperative if he’s well-fed! Bring water for in-between locations. I love the mountains, so sometimes we will go on a little adventure to get to the picture-perfect spot.
2. Get comfortable with each other. I want you to feel and look as natural and comfortable together as possible for your photos. Sometimes it helps to look at poses on Pinterest and Instagram to get an idea of what you like and what I will be asking you to do. Don’t get too attached to specific images—we don’t need to copy them—just use them as inspiration. You might even watch some romantic movies to get inspiration from how they pose and interact. If you still feel a little uncomfortable about posing, don’t you worry! I will pose and direct you throughout the entire shoot.
3. Relax. Don’t overthink or stress about this shoot. Come expecting to have fun and be yourselves! I want your personalities and your love for each other to show through in these images.
4. Choose your outfits well. Wear clothes that you love and feel comfortable in. Head over to this link for more tips on choosing your outfits.
5. Pick locations you love. If there’s a place you love to go to together, let’s shoot there! We want these photos to reflect your love story. Places where you shared your first date, first kiss, or proposal make for meaningful shooting locations.
When people get your save-the-date card or invitation in the mail, your engagement photos will be the first impression they get of your wedding day. Make sure you prepare properly and come ready to have a good time!
Email me today to schedule your engagement session, spring in Utah is one of the best times for engagement photos! The blossoms go as soon as they arrive, act quick if you are wanting blossom photos! email@example.com